Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ready for Take-Off!

Hello all!
I am packed and just about ready to get on with this grand old adventure of mine. My bags are brimming, my wallet is empty, and my anticipation is high – time to travel!

This first post of mine, largely to just get my blog in place and the address solidified for you all to have, is more rushed and erratic than I plan on usually making. My future posts, when at all possible, will have pictures. So stay tuned for some exciting things to come! I will be honest, enthusiastic, and most of the time overwhelmed by the things I will experience in this year. I hope you join me for all of it!

My excitement and nervousness are locked in an epic battle at the moment as I can’t decide whether to sleep or vomit. It’s hard to articulate; Moving to a foreign country for at least a year to start your first career alone gives one an odd, inexplicable feeling – hence my inability to put it into words. Just know that I am undergoing all sorts of emotions, but excitement seems to be taking front stage most of the time (thankfully). I just want to go already!

I can’t begin to imagine what this next year will have in store for me and my fellow Fulbright ETA’s (English Teaching Assistants). I picture a lot of cultural immersion and adaption, much of it being very challenging and new to me (hence the title of my blog~). I love being outside my comfort zone though. It teaches you so much about yourself and the world we live in.
But alas, that is as philosophical as I can get for this post. I’m off to finish last minute arrangements and checklists before getting some sleep. My flight to L.A. leaves Thursday (today) at 5:05 p.m. and my flight to Korea (12 hours and 40 minutes…) takes off just after midnight! I will be sure to post soon once I get settled in and have some experiences under my belt worth reporting.

Until then, wish me the best, keep me in your prayers, and arrivederci! Catch ya on the other side of the world!

–David

No comments:

Post a Comment